Wow, it’s been a while since my last post. Don’t worry; I’m still around! I’ve been busy and have had a bit of writer’s block. I’ll post an updated update soon, but in the meantime, here is the half-baked post that’s been sitting in draft form for almost a month and a half! . . .
This update covers the second half of December. The year ended with a gas discount rally, as I used my SA Rewards to buy 2 of the big $25 coupons. I ended up with $56.80 in free gas in the last 2 1/2 weeks! I’ll give a full run down of the 2015 totals in the next update but here’s a hint: I exceeded my $600 goal!
On Christmas night I did our monthly credit card and points spreadsheet update. Here’s what the previous month of points earning got us:
- earned 483 airline miles
- earned 11,758 hotel points
- earned 973 Citi Thank-You points
- earned 591 Chase Ultimate Rewards
- redeemed 6 hotel nights ($2,610.12 value) with free night certificates
- used 90,000 Delta SkyMiles for 2 RT flights to Hawaii (MSP-OGG)
New Posts This Week
– 3 Years of Collecting Points Could be Worth $77k contains a summary of the value I’ve received by collecting points and miles. It also calculates an average value per point and then applies that to my remaining points balances for some surprisingly large figures! (based on two people’s points collecting – my wife and I)