(This is a data recovered post, originally published on June 22nd, 2015.)
I just finished tallying our monthly credit card stats tonight. I got my bonus from my Chase IHG card, which helped the hotel points category quite a bit. Two new Menards flyers started over the weekend but neither had any free-with-rebate items. Are they slowing down the rebate program? I cashed in 8750 My SA Rewards points on Tuesday and got the $25 free gas coupon. My total free gas for the week was $30.25.
As I said, here’s the June report on our points and miles:
- redeemed no points or miles
- earned 321 airline miles
- earned 70,926 hotel points
- earned 2,773 Chase Ultimate Rewards
- earned 2,345 “other” points (Wells Fargo Rewards, Barclay Arrival Miles, Citi Cash)
- avoided $118.03 in interest charges
I can also now announce the Flea Market profits. I made $201.81 on Menards stuff alone, and an additional $35.36 on giant soccer balls (I’m seller GreatWhiteNorth), plus $11.63 on miscellaneous stuff I was selling. The full review of the event is still in process.
New Posts this Week
– My First Points Redemption – Europe 2014 is my long overdue review of the trip I took last summer. The post gives an overview of the trip and outlines the net costs after applying value tactics during the planning and execution.
– Wedding Anniversary Trip Clues #5 & 6 had a mountain theme and, with the help of you readers, knocked Hawaii and South America out of the running!
Our anniversary trip is now two weeks away!! Keep an eye out for my “clue” posts and help Nicoleen solve the mystery of where we’re going! When you get a chance, please like ValueTactics on Facebook and follow us @ValueTactics to stay updated on all things Value Tactics!
Now you’re updated. Go employ some Value Tactics!