In this update: An new elevated bonus on the Chase Marriott card, my recent card cancellations, our household monthly points and miles activity, and a teaser of some exciting website news!
Credit Card News
The Chase Marriott Premier card I recently reviewed now has an elevated sign-up bonus of 100k points! The higher bonus comes with a steeper spending requirement; $5k in the first 3 months. The $85 annual fee is not waived the first year.
Click here for the Flyertalk wiki containing links to the 100k offer.
Click here to read my review of this card.
In personal credit card news: In the past few days I have cancelled 2 out of 3 cards from my last app-o-rama. Both cancellations were easy as pie. I cancelled the Capital One Spark Business via automated phone system. I also cancelled the Chase Marriott Premier over the phone, but I got a live rep. She didn’t even hint at a retention offer and only asked once if the free annual night would make me want to keep the card. The whole call was under 4:00.
Household Points and Miles Activity for March
I recently did my big monthly spreadsheet update. Between Nicoleen and I, here are the earnings and redemptions we made in March:
- earned 5,358 hotel points
- earned 3,787 Chase Ultimate Rewards
- earned 466 Citi Thank-You points
- redeemed 21,000 hotel points for a $110.02 hotel stay
New ValueTactics Blog Posts
– My Easiest (and Quickest) Credit Card Cancellation shows just how easy and convenient some of these card-wrangling tasks can be!
– An Updated Look at Ultimate Rewards Versatility explains why I value these points so highly. I show examples of the many trips I have taken which were made possible by these versatile transfer points.
– Chase Marriott Premier Bonus now at 100k looks at the latest bonus offer for this valuable credit card. It might be a good time to get this card if you’ve been on the fence. Read the post to explore the possibilities!
My readership growth has been steady but slow since I created this valuetactics.com. Maintaining the site is a lot of work but I enjoy it. With 5 kids and a full time job, I don’t have the time it would take to truly promote the site and gain greater readership.
However, I have been toying with the idea to expand to another medium. . . a medium that will take more of my time but has the potential to greatly expand my audience. This isn’t an official announcement and I haven’t even fully decided to go that route, but some of you can probably guess what I’m talking about! 😉
Now you’re updated. Go employ some Value Tactics!