In this update: An new elevated bonus on the Chase Marriott card, my recent card cancellations, our household monthly points and miles activity, and a teaser of some exciting website news!
Credit Card News
The Chase Marriott Premier card I recently reviewed now has an elevated sign-up bonus of 100k points! The higher bonus comes with a steeper spending requirement; $5k in the first 3 months. The $85 annual fee is not waived the first year.
In personal credit card news: In the past few days I have cancelled 2 out of 3 cards from my last app-o-rama. Both cancellations were easy as pie. I cancelled the Capital One Spark Business via automated phone system. I also cancelled the Chase Marriott Premier over the phone, but I got a live rep. She didn’t even hint at a retention offer and only asked once if the free annual night would make me want to keep the card. The whole call was under 4:00.
Household Points and Miles Activity for March
I recently did my big monthly spreadsheet update. Between Nicoleen and I, here are the earnings and redemptions we made in March:
- earned 5,358 hotel points
- earned 3,787 Chase Ultimate Rewards
- earned 466 Citi Thank-You points
- redeemed 21,000 hotel points for a $110.02 hotel stay
New ValueTactics Blog Posts
– My Easiest (and Quickest) Credit Card Cancellation shows just how easy and convenient some of these card-wrangling tasks can be!
– An Updated Look at Ultimate Rewards Versatility explains why I value these points so highly. I show examples of the many trips I have taken which were made possible by these versatile transfer points.
– Chase Marriott Premier Bonus now at 100k looks at the latest bonus offer for this valuable credit card. It might be a good time to get this card if you’ve been on the fence. Read the post to explore the possibilities!
My readership growth has been steady but slow since I created this valuetactics.com. Maintaining the site is a lot of work but I enjoy it. With 5 kids and a full time job, I don’t have the time it would take to truly promote the site and gain greater readership.
However, I have been toying with the idea to expand to another medium. . . a medium that will take more of my time but has the potential to greatly expand my audience. This isn’t an official announcement and I haven’t even fully decided to go that route, but some of you can probably guess what I’m talking about! 😉
Now you’re updated. Go employ some Value Tactics!